Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Disasterpiece

Today the rain had packed up and left town - and I'm glad it did. I woke up and made eggs and toast for breakfast, then hung out the clothes that had been waiting like me, for the rain to stop.

I went to Ben's house to pick up the bag I had left there on Sunday night. Him and Sharon were celebrating their anniversary, and Ben had set up a perfectly set dinner table, complete with flowers and candles in the middle of his room for her as a surprise. He's a jem.

I went to Spotlight to get some material to make a cravat to wear to the premiere of Coco avant Chanel - for which I had a ticket! Canapes and Champagne before the film were a major drawcard. I got some light blue check material to put on the hem of my denim shorts too.

Now I was deciding whether I should go into detail about how my evening ended where it did - and I figure I shouldn't exclude details to avoid offending my friends, they're big enough to handle it.

I had arranged with Sarah to meet at my place at 5:30 to catch a train into the City from here to make it in time for the 6pm start, she was running late. At 6:10 when Sarah still hadn't arrived I decided that I would just drive myself in so I didn't miss the action. Once I got into the city; full of peak-hour traffic, I began my hunt for a carpark. It would happen that a car ahead of me was reversing out of a park - but the driver decided that looking in the direction that you are moving isn't so important when operating a vehicle and planted their car right into mine.
There was nowhere for me to pull over and I was in a single lane street in peak-hour, I had to keep driving to find somewhere to pull over, which didn't eventuate. I didn't even get the drivers details, I was too worried about getting off the road and checking out the damage (which I didn't get to do until I got home).

By this point it was 6:40, there was no way that I was getting to see that film. I decided to just go home. I arrived home and inspected the damage to my poor car, a nice big dint on my front left pannel. Not happy at all. I had planned to catch up with friends at Gerties for a drink after the film - I cancelled that because I was in such a foul mood.

So the night of fashion, fun and films that was planned turned into me in my pyjamas, stewing on my failed night.

On a positive note I've made more progress for the pictorial I'm putting together to be published in Turpentine magazine. I now have two amazing photographers on board (Michelle Lane http://mishylane.blogspot.com/ and Shannon Luk, a Make-Up Artist/Choreographer (Charley - the lady in charge of the mag) and the offer of stylists! We're looking for a dance studio to shoot in at the moment, we're just lucky that between us we have some brilliant contacts - networking is an amazing thing.

1 comment:

  1. OMG poor Fergie!!!!

    What an arsehole, did he just keep driving after he hit you?

    I drove Ben to work on Sunday morning just gone and i was abruptly reminded that all the slow-driving dipshits come out in force on Sundays. Sunday drivers are WANKERS who think it's ok to do 20km/hr because they're looking for a park on the side of the road, little do they know YOU CAN'T DO 20KM IN A 60KM ZONE AND EVERYONE ELSE BEHIND THEM HAS PLACES TO BE!

    If i could find the man that hurt poor Fergie, i would eject a few foul words at him and i would be LOOKING in the direction they were heading lol.

    I love you, there are so many other nights that have been grand that you can use to replace the memory of this shit one.

    ReplyDelete