Monday, June 22, 2009

Can I blame the rain?

I didn't get out of bed until around 10:30 this morning. I had a peanut butter and jam sandwich for breakfast - It covers a few food groups I guess.

The rain and the cold has a funny way of bringing down moods, or making us lazy and unproductive. I dragged myself out of bed and decided a warm bath would better suit the mood of the day than a shower. I jumped in the tub and read for an hour. I'm reading about 5 books at the moment, all of them VERY different:

1) The Winner Stands Alone - Paulo Coelho
2) Crimes Against Humanity - Geoffrey Robertson
3) The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
4) Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh
5) The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night - Mark Haddon

They keep me thinking and entertained, and having 5 on the go at the same time keeps me from losing interest.

After lazing about the house watching TV and doing nothing in general, I poddered over to Cody's house to continue my TV watching, oh, and to get through a bottle of wine. I borrowed a few DVDs from his collection to get me through the rainy day that I'm expecting tomorrow. I don't think the floordrobe is getting done...

Today wasn't completely wasted though; I've sorted out my plans for Friday night, I've got the ball rolling on a collaborative photoshoot that I think will produce some great pictures.

1 comment:

  1. The psychologist that i work with recommended a great book that i've just placed on order from Angus & Robertson - you may like it!

    It's called "The Element" and was written by a Sir Ken Robinson who is apparently an EXPERT on creativity and education.

    I'm going to give it a read because i think it'll really help me, it's all about tapping into your passion and being determined to do what you love. Want to read it after me? Once you've finished your motherload of books that you're currently reading of course lol.

    ReplyDelete