Sunday, June 21, 2009

At least it sorted itself out

Breakfast today was not at all like yesterday.

After deciding at 11pm last night that we would have breakfast together in Fortitude Valley in the morning, Caillan and I met up with Sarah and Isaac in Brunswick Street. After a series of terrible breakfasts at Kaliber, we decided to try somewhere new. A small cafe/bar opposite RGs called Zouk took our fancy - they were playing nice Spanish guitar music.

Long story short my breakfast came 20 minutes after everybody elses, and after asking the waitress what was going into my omlette to make sure I'd like it, I was dissapointed to find it laced with mushroom (Which didn't make it onto her list of ingerdients - I HATE mushroom). I didn't eat the omlette, paid for my coffee and we all left. It was raining terribly today so the usual weekend marekts were pretty much non-existant. We looked around TCB and I found some clothes I liked, that I insepcted carefully so as to recreate them at a later time, I thought $120 was a bit steep for a plain white t-shirt.
I went to work from breakfast - which much like breakfast was less-than-satisfying.
My night did however manage to offset the day I had.

I had arranged to have dinner with Ben and Sharon to discuss our trip away. Ben made an amazing pasta and mixed some delicious cocktails. We went through their album of pictures from their recent trip to Spain and then looked at the pictures from Ben's last trip to India. From there we got down to business - where we will fly in, where we will fly out, places we want to see etc. I'm only going for two weeks; Ben and Sharon are going for a month. We sat around chatting for hours, just about life in general. It's a lovely thing to be able to just enjoy the company of your friends and know that you can really talk about anything with them.

I have the next two days off - which for me is a dream. Two days off, during rainy weather - HEAVEN. Since uni started this year I've only had one day off a week, which I generally spent doing uni work or washing clothes. I'm going to clean out my floordrobe. My garage has my clothes strewn across its floor, somewhere in there is a desk and a computer that haven't been seen for a while. I need to make it a functional space again. This task should take no longer that an hour - in reality I can see it taking the full two days. I always get distracted by the thing I find when I'm cleaning up, stuff I forgot about or haven't been able to find.

1 comment:

  1. We loved having you over to chat about the India trip! I'm so excited that you've decided to join us! I was really looking forward to going with Ben, but now that you're coming too i'm about to jizz my pants!!!

    ReplyDelete