Friday, August 28, 2009

Quiet Friday Night

It's 9pm on Friday night, and I'm quite happy to be staying in. I had an exam on stats today and don't think that I could really be bothered doing anything other than sitting around, eating pizza and listening to music.

My brother and I went to Portside to see the new Studio Gibli film Ponyo tonight, it was the Japanese edit with subtitles - and was good, but not as stimulating as some of the other Gibli films, it felt like a bit of a 'Little Mermaid' spin-off with some strong environmentalist and feminist undercurrents. The animation was flawless, as expected.

Last week I worked with my friend Elyse to photograph her stylist submission for Sportsgirl. I mentioned it in previous blogs. On Wednesday night we did our last of the shots and I can now post some of the results. The last location we worked on off James Street in the Valley, and there was some fun graffiti to use as a background.




2 comments:

  1. Super rad!

    But i thought she was using a bunch of people in the park? Are the shots up on the website yet? Did you see Abi is listed as a finalist already - oh shiiiiit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second pic is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete