Monday, August 10, 2009

Je parle français!




Well, I know enough to know exactly when to rip my shirt of when I see Art vs. Science this Friday night - and I have to say that I'm very much looking forward to the show.

My dear friends Sharon and Ben are going to come with me (Sharon was even kind enough to get our tickets because I was away when they went on sale - which is lucky because they sold out) even without having listened to much of their music. Sharon has listened enough to proclaim that their faux french accents are not at all very good.

I have it on good authourity from a friend who has seen them at the Oxfort Art Factory in Sydney numerous times (where they are locals) that they put on a rather amazing show, and have been warned that there will be epic dancing and energy.

Here's a review of the band I found:

"Music met psychology with ART.vs.Science, a band whose songs are crafted according to the studies of human responses to music."

"There is a reason why night clubs play the music they do: it's the right tempo for dancing, it's got hook lines you can sing along to, and a beat steady enough hypnotise. Art vs. Science not only makes the sort of music played in nightclubs; it is one of the few outfits in Australia which can actually play in night clubs - live. No laptops, no backing tracks, just drums, keyboards, synths and three sets of funky hands. "An expression of their long immersion in the dark, seedy recesses of club-electronica", Art vs Science breathe fresh air into the genre, with an immediate, breath-taking live show, and songs that sound pleasing, joy-inducing; as if meticulously designed, element by element, to intensify user stimulation. Art vs. Science plays, people listen. And they *understand*."

1 comment:

  1. Oh shit it sold out!!!!

    Lucky i got in there and got our tickets!

    Even though they have shocking French accents, i'm still really excited to see them! It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete