Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Today I woke up early and had breakfast with my dear friend Liza - it's her 21st today! We went to a delightful restaurant on the river for breakfast (a real class establishment too - with two forks, two knives and a spoon, and starched napkins as the standard place setting) I had eggs benedict and an amazing flat white.

After breakfast we went to chill on the headland and enjoy the sun. It was nice and warm and there was no breeze at all while we watched pods of dolphins and whales swim by. I think that this is what Sunday's are meant for.









After this relaxing day I headed north to Coffs Harbour to hang out with my family for a while before I leave for Brisbane on Monday. My 6 year old nephew beat me in a game of connect four, I got serious and began implementing strategies to ensure another loss was avoided.

My fasha got to work playing with my laptop and has made her run much better - doubling the
RAM helped a bit.

I finally sorted out my uni timetabling too - headaches over. I'll be doing Research Methods and Statistics (The association between variables through scatterplots and correlations is examined learning how to calculate and interpret the confidence interval of the mean, t-tests, and basic non-parametric tests) and Individual and Social Psychology (developmental, personality, abnormal and social psychology).

I'm back at school on the 29th - holiday is almost over :(

2 comments:

  1. Ohh i'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend! You're so right, that's what Sundays are for, sounds amazing! I would love to watch dolphins and whales swim by on a Sunday.

    Well done on sorting out your uni timetabling too! Did i tell you i've booked myself in to sit the STAT Test? I'm sitting it just as a security measure to ENSURE that i get into my course, because it would break my heart if i didn't since i've been building it up so much! I missed you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice relaxed Sunday - nice considering I usually work on Sunday.

    With the STAT I would recommend just having a look at the examples that they send you - it's not the sort of test that you can study for. I thought I was doing a terrible job when I was doing the test, but when I got the result back in the mail I'd smashed it!

    Just to make you feel better about being at work today - I'm sitting on a daybed in the nice warm sun (it's bordering on hot) and sipping coffee listening to the smooth vocal stylings of Emiliana Torrini - heaven.

    I'll be back in the big city tonight - I need to see you asap for catch-ups and to get these travel plans into swing - I'll use the same agent as you guys.

    ReplyDelete